Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A light at the END OF THE TUNNEL

Logan started to improve Sunday night. His blood gases are more around his normal range. Co2 in the 50's Bicarb and Ph back down to normal range. He is currently at 28% on his oxygen and back on automode on the ventilator. I spoke with Dr. Brown today. She said she was ordering the home vent today, but it could take up to 2 weeks for it to come in. She said today 2-2 1/2 weeks for him to come home. He looked great last night! Thanks Angie, Sarah, and Dean for watching the kids! I did trach care on him and changed his trach ties for the 1st time last night. GROSS! I have to get over the urge to puke when I think about trach care.

I took Jacob to the endocrinologist today. He is within normal range on his thyroid now. He has to go back in 2 months. I learned today TSH is vital to nerve growth in babies and that the majority of a babies brain grows between 6-8 months of age...so do you think this is age from birth or adjusted age from prematurity :-)

Andrew is starting to reach out for toys and lift his body up more when he is on his belly. He is laughing and smiling at the toys on his bouncy chair right now. No rolling over yet.

Jacob is sleeping in his bouncy chair in his normal startle mode hands up in the air fingers spread open. You would think his arms would hurt after a while. He is still not really smiling or cooing. He tries I think. he does Jacob coos...they sound more like cries. He shows his love by snuggling on your shoulder and snotting on you oh and licking you cloths.

Ava decided she was going to wake up at 4am..at least that is when I woke up and she was awake watching Little Mirmaid I think. She was asleep at 730 AND WAS STILL SLEEPING WHEN I CAME BACK FROM THE DOCTORS OFFICE IN ORLANDO at 130pm! Then I tried to wake her up and she told me. "I'm trying to sleep mama!" Now She is sitting on the couch watching Phineas and Ferb trying to shove her fist in her mouth. I'm so tired of watching P. & F.!

I finally took the Christmas tree down today...cleaned up the hundreds of needles off the floor and half way reorganized the baby cage.

Sweet Andrew is crying now...I guess I need to show that little guy some attention...crap they are both cring now!

No comments:

Post a Comment