Sunday, January 10, 2010

CRAP!

Logan's respiratory status has been declining since his surgery on Wednesday. They have had to "bag" him forcing him to breath manually 5 times since his surgery. This is when his oxygen saturation gets really low below 30 and his heart rate drops really low. He turns purple and blue. They say he is having bronchilspasims. Why..I do not know. I also found out they did a respirator y culture the day before he went to surgery that is positive for 2 bacterias. So he has another respiratory infection, he is in pain, and he is requiring very very high pressure settings to keep his oxygen sats above 90. Right now his oxygen setting is at 45%..he was at 50% all day yesterday. They changed his breathing treatments from every 4 hours to every 2 hours. The respiratory therapist says his lung sound very bad. She said he sounds tight and is wheezing all over. The big concern is that his blood gasses show he is not blowing off his carbon dioxide. Before they would up his rate and pressures a little bit and it would do the trick..this time they are staying up and not coming down. The highest was 136 lowest was 70 since surgery but in the last 24 hours he is in the high 90's. His Ph level is not so bad. Crap! Crap! Crap! Only God knows the plan once again I leave my trust in him. All things are possible through Christ! I do believe he will prevail. My spirt tells me to move forward and keep the faith..by body wants to crawl in to a dark cave and never come out. Logan is the one suffering not me. He is a strong little boy with a will to live and I know this but I AM REALLY FREAKING TIRED OF ALL THESE INFECTIONS! Okay I think I am done now. I will update again later after I talk to the on call doctor. If his co2 don't drop soon he may have to go back on high frequency ventilation.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this Jennifer. You guys have been put through so many trials already and I know if must seem never ending. I admire your spirit and your faith in God...he is all knowing and will be there for us through everything.
    My prayers to sweet Logan and to you (most awesome Mommy). Someone said to me when we travelled our TTTS journey - If God brings us to it, he'll bring us through it.
    Jodie (Ireland-Tummers from FB)

    ReplyDelete