Tuesday, July 20, 2010

We had a wonderful Birthday Party

Today was a busy day. I spent the morning driving around, spending money, and getting everything we needed for the party. I was think about this past year while I was driving place to place. The hospital stay for me, Ronald McDonald House, NICU, Jacob's diagnoses, Andrew and Jacob coming home, all the ups and downs with Logan, and how our church, friends, family, and the community came together to support us with the loss of Logan. Then I was almost immediately brought to tears while I drove, not because Logan is not here and not because Jacob has CP, but the person who paid for Logan's funeral came to my mind. God always provided for us. Friends and co-workers were always slipping money into our hands. Co-workers at my job did a lot of little money raising things for us. Jack's co-workers took up several donations through the 7 months between my hospitalization to Logan's death. Then not to mention all the cards and gifts of money to Logan's memorial fund and what we got in the mail. Over the 7 months it all added up to approximately $2000 or more in gifts. This allowed us to never fall behind on our bills, always have gas and food, and then paid for part of the expensive of Logan's headstone. Then it truly hit me the awesome gift that a very generous person did for my family. Who ever it was spent nearly $5000 out of their own pocket to pay for the burial of a little boy they did not know. If the story of the widow who lost his wife is true or not, I will never know, all I know is that without the generosity of this person God sent to use to take on this debt Logan would probably not got the funeral we wanted for him. As I wrote in the blogs when he died. The day of his viewing we had no clue how we were going to pay, I had collected every credit card I had and called and got the available credit on each one and I was willing to max every single one out. Thanks to God providing for us we did not have to do this. This long ramble is to get me to my point of amazement all these months later. It was just God reminding me today. That HE takes care of my needs and that HE will take care of my childrens' and my husband's needs as well. No matter how much money is in the bank, or what we are going through. HE WILL PROVIDE. Our little testimony of faith is just a drop in the bucket of what God does for his people. Without people willing to sacrifice for the good of others where would we be? I don't know if the person who paid for Logan's funeral or all the people that supported us financially and emotionally will ever know what a miracle and blessing they  are to our lives. I'm am the worse person ever when it comes to thank you notes, I'm sorry I never wrote them, but for all who this blog reaches I am truly grateful.

Thanks to my sister Tricia for making it possible for us to have a SUPER AWESOME celebration of my children's birth. We were able to rent a 18 foot water slide which was huge hit with the kids at the party and some of the kids in my neighborhood. We had a sprinkler and a small kiddy pool for the little ones. We cooked 104 hot dogs. My sister brought over the side items which were super yummy. All I know is the kids had a blast and I heard from several of them that Andrew and Jacob's party was the best party ever! LOL Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us. Thanks for all the gifts. Andrew and Jacob love their new toys and cloths! I have a challenge in the future if today was the best party ever, I must out do it next year LOL

I pray that their 2nd year is full of accomplishments and HEALTH! I hope they continue to thrive. I pray the blessing for Jacob and Andrew overflow. This time next year I hope they are both mobile and ready to play at next years best party ever  :-D



Psalm 100


Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.



1 Thessalonians 5:18

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the cake and the pictures of the boys are TOO cute!!!! So bummed we couldn't make it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and WHERE did you get the bibs!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete