Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moving Forward

Trying to type with a baby on my chest. This should be fun. Hannah is 15 days old now. The attempts to actually breast feed her have been non existent in a few days. I am in the same habit I had with my last 2 pregnancies. The breast pump has been by friend. Pumping about every 3 hours during the day and once or twice in the middle of the night. She is still getting only breast milk, but bottle fed. She has not been the perfect little sleeper she had been previously. She is enjoying waking up at least 3 times at night for the past several night. I am loving every minute of it. You really take these times for granted when your babies spend months in the hospital. Outside of the c section issues, I don't mind getting up at all. Tonight is my 1st solo night. Jack went back to work today.

Having some issues with my c-section incision It has separated in several spots. 1 is kinda big but it is superficial. I seen the doctor the other day. He said he does not think it is infected but gave antibiotics just in case. It is red in some areas. I did not want to start the antibiotics because he told me I could not give her breast milk due to risk of thrush and diarrhea for the baby. I am getting worried about the incisions appearance and think I will call the pediatrician and get her option on breast feeding on the antibiotic and possibly start it tomorrow. I don't want to end up with a massive infection. My last c section healed so nicely...this time I have not been so lucky.

Jacob went for his gastric emptying study today. We should have results by the end of the week and have an appointment with a surgeon in the next week or 2 to finally get the vomiting issues under control. I HOPE.

My mom has been down from AL with me since the day Hannah and I have come home from the hospital. Her plan was to stay for 8 weeks since I can not lift Jacob and I am having issues with the c section site. Unfortunately we got bad news today. Her job denied her leave of absence and she has to be back at work by Monday or she will be fired. She honestly does not know if they will fire her anyways. I will feel so bad if they do. She said she is coming back if they do....I don't understand why she was able to take time off when I had the triplets to help, but not now. They told her it was denied because I am not considered her dependent anymore. I am going to be really sad to see her go. She has been such a big help. My sister Sarah will be down on the 1st of June for 8 or 9 days. So I will only have a few solo days...with my sister taking over it will get me through the 1st month and hopefully the incision site will be healed better and I will be able to pick the boys up again. As of right now it seems like it is separating more and more and the OB said not to put steri strips on it. I wish he would have stapled the incision closed like they did last time instead of  glue. I think the glue came off to fast and just was not good enough for this fat girls skin.

15 days old

Gastric Emptying Study

My sexy c section incistion 15 days out NASTY.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Hannah's birth! I hope you are able to get the help you need. Take care of yourself - you have to be well to take care of all of your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you have been tagged!
    http://our3littlemiracles.blogspot.com/2012/05/11-random-things.html

    ReplyDelete