Monday, December 26, 2011

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas

I had a hard time sleeping Christmas Eve. I was up around 630 Christmas morning. I woke Ava up around 645 and asked if she wanted to help mommy make breakfast. She looks at me with sleepy eyes and says, "Did Santa come yet?" I told her Santa came and left hours ago...She jumps up screams, "Daddy Daddy wake up! Santa left us presents! She gets up, I follow her. She runs down the hall from my bedroom and doesn't even look over at the Christmas tree and head strait for the plate of milk and cookies. She exclaims, "SANTA DRANK ALL THE MILK AND AT THE COOKIES. OH LOOK THE REINDEER AT THEIR CARROTS." Then she turns her attention to the tree. She run over and immediately gets into her stocking and tries to get into everyone elses stuff as well. She examines her new doll bed and starts unloading her stocking into it. It is cute that she can recognize and spell her name now. So, she was able to pick out all her presents.

I made her wait to open presents until after breakfast. She was not happy about this. One of the only times I have seen her deny food. Telling me she did not want breakfast. We had scrambled eggs with cheese, biscuits, gravy, and bacon for breakfast.

Once the present opening began Ava was all into it. Andrew on the other hand really had no interest in opening presents. He got into his stocking 1st. He was perfectly content with the coloring book and crayons her 1st pulled out. Then he found the bubble wand. The icing on the cake was a cheap little magnadoodle. As much as I tried to pull his attention from the"cheap gifts" he did not care. LOL Jacob was also not a happy boy. He gave us sad face and cried most of the time. Jack helped him open his gifts while I opened Andrews,

I was not feeling well yesterday so we all went back to bed around 10am. We slept until around 1230. Jack got a hot dog cooker for Christmas. I went to the closest place open to get hot dogs and buns for him to play with his new toy (Walgreens...spent almost $6 on a pack of hot dogs). Ava came along for the ride and when we got home Jack's parents were there. We spent time with his parents and opened more gifts. Jack's parents left after a few hours and we took another nap :-) Did I mention I have been sick and I feel like crap :-)

We woke up from 2nd nap time around 6:30. I made dinner. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, and rolls. No one really ate it except Jack. We made a trip to the south end of town to Jack's parents to return Jack's dad's glasses he forgot. From there we went to Logan's grave. Last year we went on Christmas Eve...I think. Jack, Ava, and myself lite candles and sang Christmas Carols. (this is Jack's idea and his way of including our son in our Christmas <3)

Jack got me the most beautiful, thoughtful gift I think that he has every taken the time to buy for me. He got me a glass photo frame with a spot for a picture on the left and on the right it has Logan's name and his birth and death dates followed by a poem about Heaven.

This is what it says:
I am home in heaven, dear ones.
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is a perfect joy and beauty
in the everlasting light.
All the pain and grief is over,
every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
safely home in heaven at last.
There is work still waiting for you,
so you must not idly stand,
do it now, while life remaineth . . .
You shall rest in God's own land.
When that work is all completed,
he will gently call you Home;
Oh, the rapture of that meeting
Oh, the joy to see you come!
It brought tears to my eyes. I was so surprised. I never imagined he would get me such a beautiful gift.

This is the picture I put in my beautiful picture frame.
Logan was actually watching The Lion King on a VHS tape when I took this picture. It was the last time I seen him "healthy" before he got really sick and died...I think this was about 5 days before he died. Anyways, I bought the Blue ray of The Lion King for Jack this Christmas. Jack is at work right now, but Ava kept asking to watch it. Ava, the babies, and I just finished watching the movie for the 1st time. I have not seen it in years and it was the kids 1st time ever seeing it. It was just kinda fitting. I continued to look over at the above picture in my new frame and it brought comfort knowing his brothers and sister were getting to watch the same movie he was watching when he was ignoring me while I tried to make him look at the camera.

The day after Christmas has been a pretty nice day. My house is trashed...EVERY. SINGLE. ROOM. There is boxes and toys EVERYWHERE. At some point I am going to have to clean this place before Jacob's therapist shows up tomorrow. We did a little shopping for the 50% off stuff this morning. We had lunch at Sonny's then Jack and the kids took a nap while I loaded up some old toys and donated them to a friend. I can't wait for bedtime!



  1. just noticed the official announcement.. Congrats!! Do you know what sex??