Friday, January 13, 2012

I think we have created a MONSTER...

Jacob has a new found love for the pacifier....I suppose he is getting over his oral aversion...next step will be to start trying liquids by mouth again. He has absolutely been totally and utterly addicted to the pacifier for a good 2 weeks now. It took me a while to figure out what all his fussiness was about. He was having these little fits even when the Moose was on TV. Then I noticed him rooting around like a baby with his tongue out like a newborn looking for food. I stuck the pacifier in, then he would get all excited giggles and start sucking. I tried month ago to tie a string around it to make him suck on one and he would gag, chock, and cry. Now I have to tie a string to keep it in his mouth, since he does not have have the best coordination to keep it in all the time. He sucks on it for hours a day now getting better and better at keeping it in without the string. NO I do not allow it to be in his mouth with the string when I am not in the room with him...or when he is in bed. He has gotten better about keeping his hand on it in his bed so it stays in though.

1 comment:

  1. I gave up on the pacifier for Mya when she was a few months old. Now you make me wonder if I should pull it back out to work on her oral motor at 22 months. But then I will be replacing paci's again and that was such a great stage to pass! Hmmm

    ReplyDelete