Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trying to get back in the swing of things

I'm almost afraid to report this. I don't want to jinx myself LOL The kids have been free of sicky for several weeks. Everyone is doing wonderful!!!!.

The teeth report: Jacob has 4 teeth that have broke through the gums on top and 2 on the bottom that are almost all the way in.
                         Andrew has 4 teeth through the gums the 2 next to the front I call the k9 teeth, vampire teeth lol  or whatever they are called you got the point. and his 2 center bottom teeth. His front teeth are not far behind. I expect they will be through the gum in the next week or 2.

Andrew is climbing everything, I guess you would not call it pulling up per say....he "crawls" up thing. Anything that is not ground level he climbs it with his hands until he is upright on his knees. He is mischievous, cranky, and short tempered. My sweet little quiet baby has been replaced with a mobile MONSTER LOL. He was a good baby but, I can see him being a very mischievous, selective hearing toddler. When he does not get his way he screams. When he does not want or like something he throws it on the floor. He demands attention now. He will sit at my feet and scream until I pick him up then he laughs and starts hitting my face. I love that little guy. I hope he starts saying some words soon.

Jacob is not doing anything huge, but his mood has been wonderful. He is bright eyed and full of laughs and smiles. He has been more alert and calm. He is feeding great. Finishes all his bottles. He has not been tube fed entire feedings in a long time. We do use his tube for his meds and I have pushed small boluses of food with a 60cc syringe to hold him over when I don't have time to feed him. Not full feeds and usually only a few ounces. Then he eats when we get where we are going. I will NEVER prop a bottle on him again. Last time I tried (which he had tolerated propped bottles in the past) he gagged and vomited while in the car seat and chocked on his vomit, inhaled it, and it came out of his nose. So NEVER again.  We are working on stage 2 baby food still. He still tongues it out when I put it in. Even if I force his mouth closed he will eventually get it out. HE LOVES NUK PACIFIERS NOW! SO, if I put the food in his mouth and shove the pacifier in after it he swallows the baby food while he sucks. He is holding the pacifier in his mouth for longer periods of times. I pray he stays well, maybe we will see some more progress. He is still set for HBOT in September.

Ava is starting pre-K3 on August 23rd. She is super excited. Potty training is going very well. She has went nearly 2 weeks with almost no accidents during the day except for when she naps and if we are in the car. She does likes to pee in her car seat. Today she took a long nap and did not pee her pants! I promised her that if she was potty trained by the time schools started I would let her go to school .She has been begging me for awhile to go. She will be going to Victory Christian Academy 2 days a week. OH MY IS IT EXPENSIVE! I called all over my area and all the prices were about the same some actually more than VCA. I like Victory I went there on and off for over 10 years. I have watched the church and school grow over the years and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about their programs. I think she will do well. Next year I will try to get her into St. Anthony's for VPK and then she will go to a public elementary unless something changes with our finances in a very positive way! I was so excited about sending her I went out today and bought almost everything she needs. I got her uniforms, mat, pillow and blanket. I also got her a small backpack. This will be great for when I am taking Jacob to St. Pete every day. One less kid to drag along with me.

My house is trashed! I can't keep up with the mess around here. It needs a DEEP clean. I went to clean Ava's room and I did not realize how NASTY it is. Dried nasty in the carpet. The walls are covers with toddler dirt and her "art work" and it kinda smells in there. There is dried baby food on my new area rug in the living room. The floors have a film of dirt. The walls and base board need to be scrubed. Heck, they need PAINT at this point! The kitchen and bathrooms are filthy. They need hours and hours of scrubbing. This stuff is literaly stuff that fell behind a year ago, that I have never totally caught up (referring to the walls, base boards, and Ava nasty landfill) Oh the upside, the laundry monster has almost been tamed, I have been doing well getting the kids cloths put away. I finally moved the boys cloths back to their room from mine. I could have moved them in February when Jen and Dahlon moved out, but never got around to it. Jack has been better about keeping our cloths put away. It is nice seeing the floor in my room again. Mt. Gunter has been abolished. Ava can no longer hide her dirty pull up that she takes off in the morning in my CLEAN laundry. Seriously, I don't know what is wrong with her sometimes. Why would you hide a pee diaper in cloths instead of throwing it in the trash is beyond me.....

We had a mini vactionMonday-Wednesday in Daytona Beach. It was great. We stayed at teh Sunviking Lodge. Jill, Eric, and their kids came with us. It was semi-relaxing and we had a lot of fun. I wanna plan atleast a 1 day trip for just me and Jack in a few weeks I want total silance and NO kids for just 1 day :-)

I have been following Barb King on facebook and her blog here on blogger for awhile now. Lots of people follow her, I think I was suggested to her page from someone else on facebook. Anyways, her daughter who has CF has been very very ill. She just had her 2nd liver transplant about 2 weeks ago. Reading her post on Facebook break my heart. It reminds me so much of the post I used to post about Logan. They have a very strong faith in God. Her daughter Olivia is not well. She has been back in surgery several times since the transplant. They have battled rejection and infection. She is I guess what you would call septic at this point. She has a very hard to fight bacteria in her blood and in her liver. They placed a stent in her bile duct the other day and drained a large abscess from her liver. She has a lot of people praying for her and her family. I'm sure a few more could not hurt. Olivia is out of the ICU. Barb's report this morning said she was doing better today, but Olivia flips flops back and forth just like Logan did. I only had 6 months and 12 days with Logan experiencing his ups and downs. This dear family have been battling 14 years with their daughter with her CF. They have been through a liver transplant before, I pray her body can hold strong and she can get thought this. It has to be awful to to be in the hospital with other children who are waiting on organs to live and get to know the families and then watch their children die. She has mention several other children that have not made it to either get their transplants or died withing 2 weeks after receiving it. I definitely know how see feels sitting on the edge of believing your child with thrive vs. death. I pray God has greater things for Olivia. Her and her family have touched many lives. My heart aches for them. I look forward every day to reading her updates. I will keep everyone up today on her progress until that little girl goes home. So long story short. If you feel lead please pray for the King family.

No comments:

Post a Comment