Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Big Boys

The boys doctor appointment went well on Monday. Andrew is 16lbs 11oz he is only in the 5% for his weight and head but if you go back to 6 months where he should be he is in 25% Everything is on the chart for growth except for his height. He is short one.

Jacob is 16lbs 5oz his height is in the 15% but his weight and head are both less that 3%

Andrew met all his milestones for a 6 month old and some for a 9 month old.

Jacob is still at a 2-3 month old range.

We should be getting the foot orthosis ordered for Jacob soon. The PT took the measurements last week. She just has to get them approved and submitted through insurance and early steps. Hopefully this will help stop flexing his toes and feet down all the time to give him the best chance of walking one day. The doctor noted that she thinks he is getting a contracture to his right ankle already. So, I am going to have to be more vigorous about his range of motion than I already am. I have noticed even when he is in his crib he does make more of an effort to bring his hands to his face, but still not showing any real control of his hands as for bringing them together or using them to grasp things.

Andrew is rolling all over the floor. He entertains himself so easily. He lays down their for hours playing with his feet and hands. He falls asleep and start all over.

I got out the habbit of feeding them with spoons and started using the feeder bottles. I am still trying to break this habbit. I fed Jacob today with his Boon spoon again and he did okay. Andrew wanted no part of it lol.

Not a good sign it is 8:09 at night and Ava has been asleep for 2 hours. She is going to think it is play time when I am ready to go to bed. I have stuff out for dinner, but I am feeling kinda lazy and think I may order some pizza now.

No comments:

Post a Comment