Friday, October 21, 2011

There is a MOUSE in my house!

A few weeks ago when I woke up  I discover 20-30 droppings in my laundry room. I left them there for Jack to see and we all pretty much conclude a palmetto bug could not leave that kind of poop in 1 night. I was hoping the little bastard came in and left the same way he enter (we think it or they came in through the dryer vent) Around the same time the field behind our house got mowed for the 1st time in months. We also have a burned down house that burned down the day after Logan died behind ours. We recently had a H.O.A. meeting where the residence complained of possums, frogs and mice coming from the over grown fenced in back yard (the weeds are over 10feet tall in spots). So there is no question why this mouse/mice are looking for a few home but WHY THE HELL DID THEY CHOOSE MINE DANG IT.

So ,I tried not to think to much about the possibility of a nasty furry creature being in my house then this past Monday my husband was laying our area rug back down in the living room when he discovered several droppings behind the couch. Once again I thought maybe they were already there and they left. I have seen no droppings, no sightings, nothing chewed up etc in the house at all.

Then this morning I went to open the window and there they were fresh rat droppings on the arm of my couch. EWW EWW EWW!!!!! Today I am finally out of denial! There IS defiantly a nasty rat in my house!

Tonight Jack, Christine, her kids, and me moved the couches and found a TON of nasty rat poop. We vacuumed it all up and laid stick traps down behind the couch and `1 in the laundry room. The nasty little bastard is probably hiding in my room or something now. I am freaking out. I have check the rooms in my house along the walls and haven't seen any rat poop anywhere besides the living room. I also bought rat poison but I am afraid the kids will get a hold of it.

When I closed the garage the other night a mouse jumped from the top of the garage door, on to the roof of my car, down the hood, and into the storage bins in the garage!!! I thought I was going to pee my pants. I left the garage door cracked open so it could escape. I probably have a freaking pregnant mouse laying babies in my couches with my luck.

LOL Christine just told me I should not tell people about my mouse in my house because the 1st thing people will think is that we are dirty people anf that our house is nasty. LOL I post pictures of my house all the time it is trashed by children but not a "dirty person house". LOL

Christine would like me to announce that she has lost 39 pounds in 2 months. Her tumor appears to be stable still, but they do not have the final report. Her husband is working. The kids are doing good in general. Christine is going in for some kind of nerve block for her head next month to help with the pressure and pain. If it works she will be able to get off a lot of her pain meds. She also just informed her doctor actually told her yesterday that she will have a slow drawn out death. I guess only God knows the answer to that. I have pretty much been living in denial that she will acutally die...she has been doing so good. I told her she was not allowed to die in my house. Last week we were discussing funeral wishes and now that her husband is working hopefully they can save up and pay for her wishes to be done. Thinking about it gives me a huge knot in my stomach .There is so much stuff going on she just simply is not allowed to die.

Wish us luck in  Operation find the mouse/mice! The goal is to catch them by the end of the weekend before my kids come home. My skin is crawling just being in my living room think about it being near me...it is probably waiting for me on my pillow in my room though....

No comments:

Post a Comment