Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Medicaid and SSI delays

It has been well over 30 days since I applied for medicaid for Jacob...the application was filled out on August 3rd and shows nothing since then even though I faxed in everything they told me to. I got a letter from SSI today saying they are still looking for information to determine if Andrew is disabled or not...we are apparently waiting for information from his doctors office and Early Steps. Just more and more delays. I don't really care what their decision is on this...I just don't know if it affects out income bracket once he is determined not disabled...

I got a phone call yesterday saying I had to attend a meeting to determine the "future of LPNs in the ER" where I work...so I can assume this meeting will consist of go back to school or quit. I am not in a position to go back to school..so I have a feeling in the no so distant future I will be leaving the place I have worked since January of 2004. Once I am "fired" or decide to quit I plan to stay home for a little bit...assuming we can trim our bills and make it work. This decision should "fix" Jacob's medicaid issue and I will probably go ahead and try to enroll the kids in Florida Healthy Kids in January.Then I will be the only one insurance less. I was looking at my mortgage yesterday...I think we may qualify for a modification if we only have 1 income. Our mortgage will then be 36% of our income...apparently they will modify it to be 31% I am trying not to worry so much. I know it is all in God's hands. Once I am jobless Jacob will receive some kind of check, just not sure how much will it be $5 verses $680 who knows....

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up on medicaid or SSI. Even if you get denied I would fight for it. SSI was going to deny Margaret until I got them more information on her. In particular her inability to have a conversation. Margaret is a little chatterbox but she talks at you and not with you. She just says what she wants to say. If you ask her questions she will not answer them. Once I was able to prove that to SSI they kept her listed s disabled.

    It is long, hard and annoying but it is worth the fight with the government (SSI). You can do it!

    ReplyDelete