Wednesday, September 14, 2011

G-Tube mishap #2

I totally told Jill I was going to blog about this!

I have had a very eventful day. The morning consisted of Physical Therapy 9:30, Vision Therapy 11:00, Wheel chair guy showed up to change handles on wheel chair 11:30, got kids ready for VPK...dropped off at 12:15, Jill came by and took Jacob for the night!!!! 12:30, Picked Christine's kids up from bus stop and drove across town to their grandma's house 1:30, picked girls up from VPK 3:30, took kids to the park with my friend's kids 4:30, 5:30 took the kids for ice cream at McDonald's and more playing in the play place, 6:30 Jill calls because she broke Jacob......

Yes, Jill's fat roll broke Jacob. She said she was holding him while he was getting a feed and he was crying. She picked him up to sooth him and apparently the tube got caught under her fat roll/button of her pants of something and all she heard was a "pop" ***I'm sure everyone is thinking Jill is a huge fat person...but she is not :-)***There the g-tube was, balloon still inflated no longer lodge in his stomach where it should have been. As you can see from my morning activities I apparently forgot to pack a very important thing in his bag for Jill...the spare mickey button and a syringe for the mickey button :-(

Jill calls me asking what to do (his g-tube has never fallen out before EVER...thanks Jill's fat roll LOL) I was like PUT IT BACK IN! She was like the balloon is still inflated and there are no syringes to let the water out!!! I'm like SHIT!!! cut a hole in the balloon and shove it back in!

I was not home...I was at my friend's house. So, I had to drive home get my ONLY spare button then drive back to the other end of town to her house to "save" Jacob.

Replace the button and Jacob was back in business.

Jacob is still at his Jill's house. He loves her and she is the ONLY friend (not counting my sister) that has been willing to step up and learn how to take care of him...it helps that she is a nurse too :-)

Thank you to Mrs. Jill for giving me a break and a full nights sleep....even if your fat roll broke him temporarily Love you!!!

He is totally only allowing her to watch Nick Jr. though LOL He loves Moose A. Moose!

No comments:

Post a Comment